When and where we meet:

.


Get in touch to join in now without commitment.

-----------------------------

Every 2nd Monday of the month at 7.30pm in the Memorial Hall,

Leigh on Mendip

Visitors welcome!

For more details contact Caroline Dove
01373 812889

Thursday 26 April 2012

April walk at Evercreech

Barbara joined about 25 other WI members for a  walk last Thursday. Here's her account:
It was disappointing that I was on my own but guessed I would chat to someone and in true WI friendship style, that was the case. 
I dressed up warm because it was a cold day. I thought 'I can easily take something off if I get hot'. I hadn't expected a route march where you don't stop! It spoilt it a bit because it was hard to find time to photograph the lovely views and stop for a drink or take a jumper off. 
The instructions said 5 stiles but it was more like 10-15  I lost count. 1 stile was really tricky and members had trouble getting over. 
However we got back to the pub in time for lunch where we had very good food. Then 12 members set off for another 3 mile walk. I went home and collapsed on the settee with a cup of tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment