When and where we meet:

.


Get in touch to join in now without commitment.

-----------------------------

Every 2nd Monday of the month at 7.30pm in the Memorial Hall,

Leigh on Mendip

Visitors welcome!

For more details contact Caroline Dove
01373 812889

Saturday 2 June 2012

Somerset Federation W.I. At the Bath & West

Yesterday the weather was perfect for a day at the Royal Bath & West Show! I went along to help at the WI refreshment tent, which is on the village green. In exchange for my 4 hours' work behind the counter, I received my entry ticket and had plenty of time to have a wander around the show. I met some lovely WI members: Kate from Milborne Port, Gill and Maggie from Croscombe and had a chance to have a chat with Carol, our County Chair, who was there all day. We were busy throughout, and especially hectic over lunch and afternoon tea time. Everything was so well organised and planned, that it was very easy to simply slot in to the routine! The flower tent was spectacular! I can't wait to visit our very own flower festival today in the Memorial Hall! A couple of people asked me about it, so the advertising has clearly been working!

No comments:

Post a Comment