When and where we meet:

.


Get in touch to join in now without commitment.

-----------------------------

Every 2nd Monday of the month at 7.30pm in the Memorial Hall,

Leigh on Mendip

Visitors welcome!

For more details contact Caroline Dove
01373 812889

Saturday 12 January 2013

Denman College Course

Well, here I am after my first night at the fabulous Denman College! I'm staying in a very comfortable room decorated by Cowplain WI (they've even supplied a good poetry book, so I shall be  able to choose my piece for our birthday party!). My course is about colour -  the fundamentals. Last evening's session was very interesting; quite hard work, too.
The food and the company have been excellent so far!

Now it's Saturday evening and I'm feeling very enthusiastic indeed about this whole painting business! There are 6 of us on the course, and we were concentrating so hard this afternoon that we hardly said a word for a couple of hours! Attempting to imitate the tones used by a great artist demands focus and attention to detail!  We're attempting a still life tomorrow!

Just checking in for the final time! my bag is packed, I'm full of breakfast and waiting for the course to start! It is really quite daunting as the still life composition will involve so much more than what we attempted yesterday! The tutor is very experienced and encouraging, so I shall certainly have the best opportunity to create something!

Using the Leigh on Mendip bursary for this lovely weekend has been very special, thank you all! 

home safely now!

No comments:

Post a Comment