When and where we meet:

.


Get in touch to join in now without commitment.

-----------------------------

Every 2nd Monday of the month at 7.30pm in the Memorial Hall,

Leigh on Mendip

Visitors welcome!

For more details contact Caroline Dove
01373 812889

Wednesday 1 January 2014

News from Jeni


I'm in Laung Prabang in Laos. I have had the most amazing day. This morning I spent time with the monks, had my fortune told, which was uncannily true considering all I did was pick a stick with a number on it. I am going to be wealthy, have untold happiness with servants and famous, going to have a daughter if I marry and win in court! I released two birds for good luck from the Stupa on top of a mountain. I spent time in a village in the hills learning about how they make cotton and watching them carving elephants. I watched the woman in the photo cooking a rat she had caught in the rice field- thankfully she didn't offer me any! I saw the most spectacular waterfall which my photo does not do justice to. There were some mad people swimming and I have to tell you the water was freezing! And the bear is a moon bear, it is a rescue centre called Free the bears and when I come back I am going to volunteer with them. I watched them being fed and then take their siesta.




Hi all

Spent the day at the elephant safari. Very touristy but excellent. Fed the elephants with lots of bananas and palm sugar cane and boy are they greedy! They did a show, played football and painted pictures which was amazing, I bought this actual painting! Then went for a ride through the jungle and the river. These are the only photos of me that there are going to be! 

All my love 

Jeni

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing time Jeni is having and the weather looks so much better than here! Never mind we kicked off the New Year with lunch and much chatting at The Bell on Friday. Even though our lane was flooded I think those who walked got home in the dry! Jan

    ReplyDelete